Overview of the AOTS Alumni Societies
The AOTS Alumni Societies are non-profit private organizations voluntarily founded in various parts of
the world by the participants of AOTS(present HIDA) training programs with the shared experience of training in Japan.
Currently 71 Alumni Societies in 43 countries have been established,
and are dedicated to the economic and industrial development of their own countries and to the enhancement of
friendly relations with Japan and other countries through human resources development.
Today, the international community is expecting more of Japanese technical cooperation, and HIDA, as one of the largest private technical cooperation organizations in Japan, has to increase its organizational effectiveness by making the best use of its resources, as well as by developing and evaluating its programs consistently to meet the real needs of the developing countries.
The AOTS Alumni Societies are playing a valuable role in HIDA training programs as important local partners.
HIDA cooperates with AOTS Alumni Society activities that meet the objectives of HIDA programs and contribute
to heightening the recognition and development of HIDA activities.
HIDA provides active support to the foundation of new AOTS Alumni Societies by HIDA and AOTS ex-participants.
HIDA also encourages AOTS Alumni Societies in the same country to form National Federations to promote mutual cooperation.
Activities of the AOTS Alumni Societies
1) Promotion of Friendship among the Members
- Get-together parties
- Factory tours
- Recreational programs, etc.
- Compiling Lists of Members
- Issuing newsletters
- Cooperating with HIDA Overseas Offices, JETRO and Japanese Government establishments abroad, etc.
- Japanese language classes, Japanese language tests
- Pre-departure orientation for trainees
- Cultural lectures
- Voluntary social service activities, etc.
- Collaborative activities between HIDA and the AOTS Alumni Societies (Recruiting and recommending candidates for HIDA training in Japan, lectures and management seminars by returned trainees and specialists dispatched by HIDA, etc.)
- Arranging exchanges of trainees and experts with other Alumni Societies (WNF Program)
- Participating in the Conventions of AOTS Alumni Societies and AOTS Alumni Societies’ Regional Federation Conferences, etc.
- Information sharing
- Invitation to HIDA and AOTS ex-participants to join their local AOTS Alumni Society