Association Name : Bangladesh AOTS-HIDA Alumni Society (BAAS)
Country : Bangladesh
Date of Establishment : 18 October 1999
Brief Description of Association : Ex-trainees of AOTS in Bangladesh have formed 2(two) alumni societies, one in Dhaka and the other in Chittagong. The one in Dhaka, Bangladesh AOTS Alumni Society (BAAS) which has been renamed and duly approved by the Government of Bangladesh as Bangladesh AOTS-HIDA Alumni Society (BAAS) with effect from 11 May 2011. The BAAS activities covering all over Bangladesh excluding Chittagong are as follows:
- Maintain a friendly and cordial relationship among the alumni members.
- Working as the counterpart of HIDA in recommending trainees from Bangladesh.
- Proliferating Japanese culture and management practices in local manufacturing and service sectors.
- Providing information about the training programs of HIDA through direct mail communication and newspaper advertisement.
- Contributing to the Human Resource Development efforts of Bangladesh.
- Implementing Seminars/Training Courses by Japanese and Local Experts in different parts of Bangladesh.
- Assisting HIDA and Japanese companies to implement Overseas Training Programs in Bangladesh.
- Cooperating with the HIDA Alumni Societies in the South Asia and other regions for exchange of trainees and experts under a special scheme known as the World Network of Friendship (WNF).
- To support the newly establish Bangladesh-Japan Training Institute (BJTI) as an enterprise of BAAS.
At present, BAAS has almost 800 members and a 21 member Executive Committee. The members of BAAS are engaged mainly in the industrial service and the business sectors of Bangladesh. With the active support of these members, BAAS is now the owner of a 3000 sft floor space (BAAS Centre) at Eastern Plaza on Sonargaon Road in Dhaka and it is totally self-reliant. BAAS has also applied to RAJUK for a plot of land in Uttara for establishing its own infrastructural facilities.
Name of Contact Person for Correspondence :
President : Mr. Zakariul Islam Swapon (88-01611-533215/ firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com)
General Secretary : Mr. Md. Mamunur Rashid (+88-01678-031602 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Address :
Room # 31-32, 7th Floor,
Eastern Plaza, SonargaonRd.,Hatirpool,
Tel: +88-02-5861-3856, +88-02-967-3413
Website of Association :
|Mokarram Uddin Ahmed||President|
|10.-SG-photo3Syed Ahsanul Apon||Secretary General|
|11. Treasurer-photoMd. Mamunur Rashid||Treasurer|