The Federation shall be called “South Asia Federation of AOTS Alumni Societies (SAFAAS)”. A Federation of AOTS Alumni Societies of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka; it shall also apply to Bhutan and Maldives, in the event of AOTS Societies being established in those countries. “ The Federation shall have the authority to appoint special member on the recommendation of AOTS, Japan
Aims and Objectives
- To be strictly a non-political voluntary body
- To unite, enroll and get-together ex-trainees of AOTS and to promote good fellowship, cordial relationship and mutual understanding among their respective countries, to keep them informed of the recent technological developments in Japan and in member countries and to assist in technological and human resources development jointly.
- Organizing seminars, conferences, Technical Courses, Training Workshops, Japanese Language Classes, Exhibitions etc.
- Exchanging technology in Science and Industry through the exchange of personnel, books, magazines, audio and video cassettes etc, with member countries
- Exchanging cultural activities such as drama, music, dance, art etc.
- Accelerating the economic development of member countries by promotion various activities and upholding the objectives of its parent body AOTS Japan
- Promoting goodwill, mutual understanding and friendly relations among the people of member countries through the reciprocation of their cultural and social systems, irrespective of race, religion, nationality or ideological standing
- Establishing close relationship between Alumni Societies of member countries, Parent Bodies, AOTS Japan and AOTS Alumni Societies of other regions to achieve above objectives
The membership of the Federation shall comprise of all the AOTS Alumni Societies of the South Asian Region recognized by AOTS Japan. Each Alumni Society will be represented by three (3) members duly nominated by the Executive Committee.
Privileges And Duties Of Members
- Members shall abide by this Constitution and make all endeavors to contribute to the development of the Federation
- Members shall be entitled to participate in every activity of the Federation.
- Only Federation members shall have right to vote and to hold office and shall be limited to one vote per member country.
Subscription will be US$ 100 per year per country. (Equivalent to local currency)
Patron- The Federation shall have as its patron, the Director General of AOTS, Japan
The Executive Board of Management shall comprise of one President, one Vice President, one General Secretary, one Treasurer and a Committee consisting of 3 representatives drawn from the total Membership of Federation. Office Bearers shall be appointed by rotation and shall hold office from one AGM to the next AGM.
Duties of the General Secretary
The General Secretary shall convene all meetings as directed by Executive Board of Management whenever necessary, who shall maintain all records of the minutes of the meetings, valuable documents, letters etc. And also shall keep members informed of the activities of the Federation regularly.
Duties of the Treasurer
The treasurer shall maintain Accounts of all moneys received to the credit of Federation. The treasurer shall submit Statement of Accounts as required by the Executive Board of Management. He shall also submit audited statement of Accounts at the A.G.M.
Vacancies arising in the course of the terms of the Office Bearers shall be filled by the Executive Board of Management from its members for the remaining period of office only.
The books of accounts of the Federation shall be audited once a year by the Auditors appointed at the AGM of the Federation.
Annual General Meeting
The Federation shall have its Annual General Meeting once a year in the host country. In the event of any contingency arising which prevents the holding of the Annual General Meeting in the host country, the Executive Board of Management shall by a majority decision, shift the venue to a convenient location in any member country within the region. The quorum for such meeting shall be one-third of the total membership.
Special General Meeting
The Executive Board of Management shall have the right to convene a Special General Meeting of the Federation as and when it deems necessary by majority decision. Notice shall be given in writing at least 30 days in advance of such meetings.
Amendment to Constitution
The amendments to the Constitution may be made at a General Meeting by a 2/3 majority decision of the total membership of those who are entitled to vote at such a meeting. Prior notice must be given in writing for such amendments at least 30 days before such a meeting is held. “Except at a SAFAAS Convention where this condition would not be applicable”
In the event of questions on matters arising which is not specifically provided for the foregoing rules, the decision of the Executive Board of Management shall be final, provided such decisions shall not be repugnant to the rules of the Federation.